My Current Favorite and Least Favorite Lip Colors

So recently I have been obsessed with different lip colors and products and have been buying a lot more of them lately to try and find the perfect colors for every occasion. However, my summer has been kind of hectic which means when I put on my make up I am literally throwing it on and running out of the door, which means that I have been neglecting to wear a lot of lip color besides the occasional tinted lip balm I find in my bag.

I though that the fact that summer classes are coming to an end was the perfect reason to swatch some of my recently bought (and sadly neglected) lip colors.

These are the NYX Lipsticks in Doll and Margarita. I love Doll, it is definitely one of my favorites. The color is perfect for me and the formula is so smooth and it only takes one coat to get full coverage. The color stays for a decent amount of time and it doesn't feel drying at all.

However, I hate Margarita. The color is actually frosted and it goes on really chunky. It makes my lips look and feel really dry. I also think it makes my lips look like they are flaking, which is awful. I will probably never wear this color, which is a shame because the in store swatch I did with the tester looked like it was going to be a nice coral-ish color.

This is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cairo. I honestly do not know how I feel about this product at all.

I think the lip cream smells sickly sweet (like synthetic vanilla) which is very off putting. I also think that this color applies very streaky no matter what I do and in the end it just looks like I have rubbed a concealer stick on my lips which I think it makes my lips look like I am dead. In addition to that it settles into all of the creases in my lips and very drying.

However, this stuff is truly matte and it really does have some staying power; but I find that the only way to wear this color is to apply a coat of clear gloss to the top to reduce the streaky and drying appearance. The clear gloss makes it look like a prettier, wearable nude instead of concealer lips.

This is Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Fig Jam. This is nothing new, but it is definitely one of my favorite lip butters and one of my favorite colors (it definitely beats the NYX Lip Butters). It looks really dark in the tube, but it applies to what I like to think of as a candy apple color (not to be confused with the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple). I think it is a great fall color without being too dark.

However, while I do love this shade I sometimes become weary of how wet it looks and the staying power isn't that great (but the way it glides on the lips does make it nice to reapply it).

In the future, I would love to add some more lip crayons to my lip collection, but right now I am making due with what I have.

Post a Comment