Custom Pages

Monday, July 21

My Adventure with DIY Ombré

Monday, July 21
I have always been really into hair ombré. I love how it looks effortlessly beachy and I love how it is coloring your hair without all of the commitment to keep it up.

So I decided that after almost a year and a half of being jealous of those who got to ombré their hair, I would take matters into my own hands and do it at home. I went to Ulta and picked up the L'Oreal Intense Ombre Hair Color. When it comes to coloring hair, I am clueless so I just picked up a random box and bought it. I ended up getting the box meant for those with medium to dark brown.


I went home and immediately began mixing it together and slapping it on my hair. I had read reviews online before saying that this kit only lightened their hair a little bit, so I didn't have high hopes for an intense blonde to come from this kit.

I will admit, the applicator wasn't all that great to use, especially on thick hair. I felt like even though I was doing my hair in sections, the applicator brush was still missing huge parts of my hair. Eventually I ended up ditching the brush and began working the bleach mixture in with my fingers and a comb.

I didn't have to wait long at all (about 20 minutes) for the color to bleach to work its magic before I washed it out with the provided shampoo. I then put some leave in conditioner in my hair and blow dried and curled my hair.

My final result was something that I am currently happy with. I could have done a little better making it even in the back, but when my hair is curled the uneven-ness is really not that noticeable.


Overall, I am really happy with how it turned out and I am sure if I ever get the urge to cut my hair into a bob again having the little bit of ombre will look extra amazing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hall That Jas + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio