Friday Favorites 7.25.14



It's Friday so here are some of my favorite things from the week:

1. NYX Butter Lipsticks
I am completely obsessed with these lip colors. Now I am someone who has never really gotten into lip color beyond a little tinted lip balm, however, these lip colors are the shit. I ended up getting them at Ulta during their NYX sale and I could not be happier.

So far I have three different shades: Honey, Candy Buttons, and  Fireball and I love them all.

They do not dry my lips out. I used the NYX lip primer and the color stays for a decent time even though eating and drinking (although I do find myself having to reapply at least one a day).

2. Pita Bread Pizza
I have been making pita bread pizzas almost every single day of the week this week. I randomly went to the store a few days ago and got some pita bread and was like "Hmm, I can make mini pizza with this..." There are two ways I do this:

a) I just take the plain pita bread, put sauce and cheese on it and then just eat it cold like a giant lunchable. This is for my lazier days.


b) I bake the pita for about five minutes @ 350F until it gets a little firmer and then I put sauce and cheese on it and put it back into the oven until the cheese is melted.


3. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polish
I am very impatient when it comes to letting my nail polish dry. I always get the urge to paint my nails at the most inconvenient times (like right before I leave to go out for the day) or I end up painting my nails and having to pee two minutes later.

This is why I love this nail polish so much, I can paint my nails and in about two minutes they are dry enough for me to do basic tasks like carry around my purse or unbutton my pants. The color pay off is pretty good considering the price and while I do wish there was more variety in colors, it is pretty decent. While I still end up reverting back to my "fancier" polishes for special nail effects (think glitter or shiny flakes) when I really want to go all out, I do like the versatility of this simple polish.



Post a Comment