Holiday Sets I'm Excited For

While the weather is just starting to cool down here in North Carolina, every store has already begun its preparations for Christmas. Hobby Lobby is decked out in trees and tinsel, Yankee Candle is starting to break out the Christmas scents, and make up companies are finally releasing their much anticipated limited edition holiday collection. 

Holiday collection are a great way to try out brands and colors for cheap since they usually contain a lot of shades in deluxe sample sizes.cHere are some collections I am looking forward to seeing!



With 32 shadows, this palette is Lorac's largest yet, with double the amount of shades in previous Pro Palettes. The price isn't bad when you consider the Lorac Pro still runs at about $40 for 16 shades. Lorac has always done a great job with shadows, and I prefer the Pro Palette to Urban Decay's Naked Palettes because they have the perfect amount of shimmer without being too glittery.

I love the diversity of shades between colorful and neutrals, and I am specifically looking forward to the berry colors (Merlot looks amazing). However, while I am a sucker for neutrals, it does seem some of the neutral shades are a little too close to each other to show a huge difference when applied.

The Lorac MegaPro Palette comes out on Lorac's website and Amazong on October 7th, so mark your calendars and set your alarms, because I have a feeling these are not going to take long to sell out!

This set seems like an amazing value to me. I have been eyeing the Tarte lip colors for quite some time and $34 for such a wide variety in shades and finishes seems like an amazing deal to me. 

This set comes with  four lip tints (Dreamy, Alluring, Innocent, and Dainty), 2 matte lip tints (Eternal, and Fancy), and 2 lip glosses (Kiss and Belle). If you are on the fence about trying Tarte lip products this is a great starter set (as the full size lip tints run about $18).

I do wish they had included at least one darker berry shade, but overall the colors seem to be worth it. This is definitely on my holiday wish list and it is already available online and in stores!


I have seen a lot of positive reviews of the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks, and while I have not had the chance to try them out for myself, this holiday set might just be the think that lets me.

This set comes with four deluxe sized shades (Nude, Peony, Berry, and Fuschia). I like the broad spectrum of nude to dark berry and from what I have heard and seen they are long lasting.

I honestly don't think I am going to make it through the season without picking this up because I have had my eye on them for quite some time. These are available at Macys and Sephora!

I truly am a sucker for Tarte so it is only natural that they appear again on my holiday wishlist. I have previously used the Tarte Cheek Stain and I loved it, but I have been looking to expand my blush collection for the upcoming winter months. The Amazonian Clay set is amazing and every time I have walked into Ulta I have debated picking up a shade, but every time I seem to talk myself out of it.

This set comes with four deluxe sample sized blushes in the colors Amour, Classic, Prim, and Daydream. I like the variety because I want to be able to switch things up whenever I want. The packing is beautiful without being unnecessarily bulky like some blush sets (I'm looking at you, Benefit!)

Just like the lip set, this collection is already available online and in-stores!

While this is just the beginning of the Holiday Collections, I think I have found some winners that are going to end up in my makeup drawer before 2014 ends!

Post a Comment